3/02/2008

Thinking About Starting Again

After a long period of not dating, due mostly to bad timing and my own choice, I've decided to put myself "out there" again. The problem is, I don't want to think about it too hard.

I don't want a serious relationship. I want to date someone. I want someone to hang out with, to fool around with, hell.. eventually, to fuck. But not right away. At the same time, I want to be exclusive with this person. On the other hand, I don't want to totally rule out a serious relationship if the person ends up being awesome...

I maybe want too much... or not enough.

I'm not looking for anything serious, but I don't want to rule anything out just in case I meet someone really cool. If I meet anyone at all.

I'm not big on personal ads, and I'm not big on asking friends to set me up with their friends. I don't know how to meet people in the real world. Gone are the days when I can leave my dorm room door open, and cute guys will walk by and invite me to Perkins. I'm not comfortable with bars... bars are for getting laid, not a boyfriend.

That's definitely what I want right now, just a boyfriend. And not a serious one. I want someone I can trust, more like a friend with benefits, but less casual.

I know exactly what I want.

This is like finding a well-fitting women's button-up white shirt. You see a lot of other people with them, they look really cute and classy, but when ever I go out looking for one, I can't find one that fits right and is in my price range!

I guess, I'm out there, but I'm not trying hard...

and there is Cute Caribou Boy... maybe this week I'll figure out his name.

No comments: