3/06/2008

Another One Bites the Dust

What ever happened to the single girl? Helen Gurley Brown, where art thou!

Earlier this week, I found out some old friends of mine were getting married, which is cool, 'cause they've been together a long time, and she's been planning the wedding for more than a year now, anyway.

But, it got me thinking, what ever happened to the single girl? Everyone around me is hooking up and dropping out of the game. Of course, part of it is that I just recently finished undergrad, and there tends to be a flood of marriages and engagements that happen as people finish college.

Even the ladies from Sex and the City are all paired off. Granted, in the upcoming movie they will all be beyond 40, but still!!!

Where are my role models?

I'm young, I don't want to be a married old hag yet! Where are the Mary Tyler Moores, the That Girls, the Carrie Bradshaws? Hell, I'll even take the Golden Girls!

Men have had many bachelor role models over the years, women need the same thing.

No comments: